- Access control (multi-factor authentication, elevated authority management and system access management)
- Data privacy (protecting data at-rest and in-motion from unauthorized access with encryption, tokenization, and masking)
- Compliance monitoring (detecting security incidents and compliance deviations and monitoring/blocking views of sensitive Ddb2 data)
- SIEM integration for enterprise-wide security monitoring and analytics
- Why you need to run at security level 50 – and the exposures of running at lower levels
- How to detect and prevent programs that could compromise system security
- Necessary system value settings
- How to apply cryptography to protect your data
- Network security requirements
- Security considerations for mobile deployments
- Six layers of security that provide multiple lines of defence for your IBM i data
- How Syncsort’s security solutions help you achieve best practice
- The foundations of encryption and how to avoid common pitfalls
- Why key management is critical to a solid encryption strategy
- The tradeoffs between the use of tokenization and encryption
- Options for permanently deidentifying data
- Securing data in motion across networks
- Learn how data delivery, performance, and scalability play key roles in streaming data pipeline success
- Understand the best ways to enforce metadata and data lineage across the pipeline
- Examples of how Syncsort customers have successfully implemented streaming data pipelines that include IBM i
- How Syncsort Connect solutions can help your business implement a streaming-first data architecture
- How Ironstream integrates IBM i system information into Splunk and ServiceNow
- Why the discovery process is critical to effective IT operations management in ServiceNow
- How integrating IBM i log data into Splunk powers security and operations analysis
- How leading organizations optimize the use of IBM i application and log data in their big data environments
- How new tools and techniques empower data wranglers at all skill levels to work with IBM i technologies such as Db2
- Examples of how Syncsort customers have successfully broken down data silos and included their vital IBM i data
iTour Session AbstractsIBM i Security and Modernization
SESSION 1: IBM i security best practices – one session that runs through the 6 layers of security:
Best Practices in IBM i Security
Security best practice and regulatory compliance are constantly moving targets. In this session we share the best practices Sycnsort’s experience has shown to be necessary to secure your IBM i server. If you are a system administrator or system security officer, this session is a must for you to attend.
SESSION 2: Deep dive into - Data privacy (protecting data at-rest and in-motion from unauthorized access with encryption, tokenization, and masking)
A Deep Dive into IBM i Data Privacy Technology Options
Continuous news of personal information stolen from major retailers and financial institutions has driven consumers and regulatory bodies to demand that more action be taken to ensure data protection and privacy. Regulations such as GDPR and PCI DSS require that personal data be protected against unauthorized access using technologies like encryption, tokenization, anonymization, masking, secure file transfer and more.
With all the options available for securing IBM i data at rest and in motion, how do know where to begin? Join this webinar to dive into the technology options you need to understand to assuring data privacy for your customers, business partners and employees.
You will learn:
SESSION 3: Building streaming data pipelines from IBM i databases – connecting data from IBM i systems with modern applications and data platforms
Building Streaming Data Pipelines from IBM i Databases
It’s no secret that companies are producing more data than ever before, while under pressure to determine how to use it most effectively. As a result, most organizations are looking at ways to better integrate data from traditional systems, such as IBM i, into distributed streaming platforms. Building a streaming data pipeline to connect your IBM i to the rest of your business helps to give your business a real-time picture of your data. Building streaming data architectures with IBM i can be complicated. As a result, it’s essential to understand the critical components needed to make sure your efforts are successful.
In this session you will:
SESSION 4: Integrating IBM i machine data into IT analytics systems – addressing the IBM i blind spots in Splunk and ServiceNow
Eliminating IBM i Blind Spots in Splunk and ServiceNow
Today’s IT organizations have come to rely on analytic and operations management platforms like Splunk and ServiceNow for effective security monitoring and efficient delivery of IT services. However, neither ServiceNow nor Splunk natively has visibility into IBM i systems, leaving IT teams without a complete picture of their IT environment. Syncsort Ironstream provides seamless integration of critical IBM i operational, management and security data into Splunk, ServiceNow and other IT analytics platforms to deliver a 360⁰ view of operational and security insights across the enterprise.
Attend this session to learn:
SESSION 5: Connect BIG Data for IBMi - Leveraging IBMi data for Hybrid Cloud , streaming Data pipeline
Liberate your Data: Connect for Big Data and IBM i
Your IBM i powers mission-critical applications throughout the enterprise - collecting, generating and processing great quantities of corporate data. Fully and truly integrating that data into broader hybrid environments and data pipelines can be a struggle. Yet allowing crucial IBM i data to remain siloed inevitably compromises analytics and BI efforts. So how can you leverage IBM i data in ways that are sufficiently easy, agile, reliable and efficient?
In this session you will learn: